On a sunny afternoon in mid-February, thousands of people arrived at Tempe Beach Park to take part in the largest HIV advocacy and fundraising event in the state: the 2022 AIDS Walk Arizona.
Hosted by Aunt Rita’s Foundation, an organization dedicated to supporting HIV education, prevention, and treatment, the community event surpassed its fundraising goal and generated more than $235,000 for the foundation’s community partner agencies.
Hensley Beverage Company is proud to have served as a Gold-Level Sponsor for AIDS Walk Arizona, and we are thrilled that more than a dozen partner agencies will be able to benefit from the proceeds of this inspiring event. In keeping with our company-wide commitment to giving back to the Valley, Hensley team members helped raise funds to support the ultimate goal of ending HIV.
About AIDS Walk Arizona
AIDS Walk Arizona is an annual event benefitting Aunt Rita’s Foundation’s 13 community partner agencies, all of which provide vital HIV/AIDS services:
- The Bill Holt Clinic at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, which is Arizona’s only comprehensive pediatric clinic for HIV care
- Chicanos Por La Causa, which provides HIV supportive services, as well as HIV education/prevention to at-risk Latinos throughout the Valley
- Ebony House, a behavioral health non-profit with a service history of nearly half a century
- HEAL International, which facilitates HIV testing and education in both Arizona and East Africa
- Shot in the Dark, an organization taking aim at the opioid epidemic and the numerous health risks (such as the high transmission of HIV) faced by individuals struggling with drug addiction
- CAN Community Health, a statewide provider of free HIV testing and resources for HIV treatment services
- The McDowell Healthcare Center, a specialized HIV clinic and Arizona’s largest provider of HIV medical and behavioral health care for adults throughout Maricopa County
- Non-profit organization one•n•ten, which assists LGBTQ youth and young adults in Arizona
- HIV Care Directions, a case management and supportive service agency that helps HIV-positive individuals secure medical care, medication, and other important services
- Terros Health’s HIV/STI Prevention team, which targets community outreach and education and provides free community services for HIV testing and treatment
- Southwest Behavioral Health Services, which manages several housing programs for individuals and families living with HIV/AIDS in the Phoenix Metro area
- Southwest Center, an integrated healthcare clinic in Phoenix that specializes in serving patients affected by HIV/AIDS
- The Southwest Recovery Alliance, an organization that implements education, policy change, and awareness in support of people living with HIV
Founded in 1988, Aunt Rita’s Foundation has spent decades raising millions of dollars for Arizona’s HIV programs as a trusted “Connector of the HIV Community.” In addition to providing funding for its partner agencies, the foundation distributes no-cost Home HIV oral test kits and vouches for clinical testing at dozens of locations statewide.
Aunt Rita’s Foundation also hosts the well-known RED is the Night event, as well as an annual Picnic in the Park to commemorate World AIDS Day. The organization works closely with the Arizona Department of Health Services and advocates for Arizona state laws, policies, and regulations that promote HIV education, prevention, and treatment.
Join the Hensley Beverage Company in Supporting Aunt Rita’s Foundation
Although the 2022 AIDS Walk Arizona has concluded, fundraising still continues – and you can donate online right now!
The Hensley Beverage Company is honored to contribute to this monumental cause, and we invite all Arizonians to contribute if they are able. If you are interested in participating in next year’s AIDS Walk Arizona, or would like more information about how to start a team or host a fundraiser, details can be found on the AIDS Walk Arizona website as they become available.