Hensley Beverage Company announces statewide distribution of award winning West Cork Irish Whiskey
West Cork Distillers was founded in 2003 by three close friends Denis McCarthy, Ger McCarthy & John O’Connell in Union Hall, West Cork, Ireland. Ger & Denis had been deep sea trawler men whilst John was a research & development scientist for some large blue chip food & beverage companies.
Inspired by West Cork’s proud history in artisan food & beverage production, the three life-long friends set about establishing a distillery to produce the highest quality spirits & provide sustainable employment in this beautiful and remote part of Ireland.
The team at West Cork Distillers has grown steadily since its inception to encompass the “CAN DO” famous West Cork spirit. With a careful eye for detail, West Cork Distillers uses only pot stills in all their whiskey distillation and only fresh spring water sourced from the Ilen River. It is the only Irish distillery to exclusively malt its own barley and embraces artisan techniques. Most of the mashing, fermentation and distilling is handcrafted on site, making West Cork truly unique. No other distillery work force can be so knowledgeable and intimately married to its equipment.
WCD has several notable ways-of-working which all contribute to making the finest quality spirits:
- WCD is the most southerly located distillery on the Atlantic Archipelago which provides a unique meso-thermal microclimate for which West Cork is famous and which is ideal for the maturation of Irish whiskey.
- WCD triple distills all its Irish whiskey. WCD malts some of its own barley.
- WCD only uses Irish grown grain in the production of its Irish whiskey.
- WCD only uses pot stills in the production of its Irish whiskey.
- WCD only uses spring water in the production of its Irish whiskey (i.e. no treated municipal water is used).
- WCD only half fills its spirit stills in order to allow for maximal copper – spirit vapour interactions which is key to the production of quality Irish whiskey.
Hensley proudly announces Arizona distribution of these award-winning spirits from West Cork Distillers, now available at retail locations state wide:
West Cork Bourbon Cask Irish Whiskey
West Cork Irish Whiskey – Bourbon cask (40% abv/80 proof) – is a blended Irish whiskey containing 75% grain Irish whiskey & 25% malt Irish whiskey. Patiently matured in first fill bourbon casks to deliver a smooth, subtle and quintessential Irish whiskey.
10 Year Single Malt Irish Whiskey
West Cork Irish Whiskey – Ten Year Old Single Malt (40% abv/80 Proof) – is a splendid example of Irish single malts, a category with huge history but often disregarded. West Cork Ten Year Old is prepared from Irish malted barley and pot distilled.